Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bees and the Hum



Hey Hey Hey!

I am back in town and off of the Colorado River. The Grand Canyon was an amazing trip; it was great family and friend time and much time.

I know that I don’t show up much for the family blog but to my defense I am really busy doing a lot of cool things!

Outdoor Discoveries is doing fantastic! I am having a one week summer camp in June where I will be hanging out with a group of kids from 9-4. I am still having a weekly hike with kidos and its still super fun. The flowers are coming out in Portland and I am going to be taking my hikes to see all the trees unfold into color. The magnolias are in full bloom and beautiful right now and I have a pink dogwood that is outside my bedroom windows that is perfect! I am also planning a weekend camping trip for families, I don’t know where to go yet in the Portland area but if any of my family knows of any great areas to car camp with young kidos (5-12) I would be open to ideas. I would like there to be access to a river and to nice walking areas but a bathroom would make my life easier (I have some kids who don’t want to pee in the woods).

Danse Joyeux is doing well last weekend I am doing my first art/craft fair in Portland. I am excited to see what happens with tutus! I would have never imagined that making and selling tutus would be so much fun. You can check out my tutu at dansejoyeux.com

Something exciting has happened… I picked up a package of bees for my new bee hive! I got the crazy idea to rise bees some time this winter and now it’s all coming together! I picked up a box of bees that has somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 bees! It is wonderful, when they are buzzing they make real wind and the way they smell is cool too. I check on the hive every day and my bees are doing so well, I have lots of new baby bees emerging and I have light honey that is already capped!

Kelly

5 comments:

Kathy

Hey Kelly! Wow so many cool things! I'm impressed with your tutus! So cute and I hope it's super successful...sounds like it is already.

Your kids camps and such sound really successful too! That's awesome! You'll have to post photos of that too, if you've got 'em.

Bees?! Are you going to get the honey? I don't know much about the whole honey process.

Good to read your post!

Uncle Bill

Send us some honey so we can make our next batch of mead!

Do you have names for the first 5000 bees?

Cute mask! Do you wear it on dates?

Kathy

Bill, you are so funny!

Emily

Very cool!

Stepi

I love your bees! and Bill cracked me up with his names comment.

just about a week ago we had a field trip with a funny man who was a bee keeper. We tasted three different types of honey. It was really neat. What a great hobby to get into but I hope you aren't allergic!

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP